Thursday, May 26, 2011

Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock

When I first started this book I wasn't sure that I would be able to read it because of its subject of child abuse. After I finished it, I was so glad that I read it. An absolutly astounding finish. Its been several years since I read this book for the second time and I still think about it often. One that I recommend constantly.

Carrie Parker is an eight-year-old with a lively imagination.  But even her imagination can't overcome  the poverty and abuse that occurs in her North Carolina home or help her protect her younger sister, Emma.

Carrie is the big sister and is determined keep Emma safe from a life of neglect and abuse at the hands of their drunken stepfather, Richard.  Their momma can't seem to see or even acknowledge the abuse, let alone stop it.

The sisters' have a plan to run away from home that begins to unravel.  Then life takes a shocking turn and one shattering moment ultimately reveals a truth that will leave you reeling.  You HAVE to read this one!  5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment