Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Mis-Adventures of Phillip Isaac Penn, by Donna L. Petterson

The Mis-Adventures of Phillip Isaac Penn, known to his family and friends as Pip, is a great book for elementary school boys. I read this to my 5 and 9 year old grandsons. They loved it. It is the story of a boy who seems to stay in trouble but at the end of the day not only does he learn from his mistakes but he is also able to make his case that he didn't really do everything he was accused of doing. The reason I liked this book was each chapter is a day of the week and can be read one chapter at a time or the whole week at once. My 9 year old could handle hearing all 7 chapters in a single sitting but my 5 year old did better with 1 chapter a day. That gave him a chance to really digest the story and think about it. Each day ended on a high note with Pip learning a lesson (my grandsons, also) and feeling good about himself. I love children's books that deliver a good message. This one did a great job of it. I gave it 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment